A Caster is a mystical and supernatural being with ability to use magic, known as casting. A Caster, except the Duchannes, is able to choose whether he or she wants to become Light (good) or Dark (evil), depending on their true nature, personality, and at any time.
Choosing between Light and DarkEdit
- Main article: Light Caster
- Main article: Dark Caster
Duchannes Family CurseEdit
However, the Duchannes Casters have not had the choice to claim themselves since the time of Genevieve Duchannes, when she used the Book of Moons to revive her deceased lover Ethan Carter Wate. Eventually, her spell failed and she was Claimed for the Dark, while the Book still took something in return for the spell- her entire lineage's free will in the Claiming process, meaning they would all be claimed at the age of sixteen, under the "Sixteenth Moon," and chosen upon their true nature either to be Light or Dark.
This applies to every Duchannes, except with the second Natural Lena, in the family, who gets free will. However, if she chooses to go Light, all the Dark Casters and Lilum in her family, like Ridley, Macon and Sarafine will die. And if she goes Dark, all the Light Casters in her family like Reece, Gramma and her Aunt Del will die. However she became a hybrid because she didn't want to choose because she knew whatever side she chose the other would die. Because of becoming an Light and Dark caster hybrid only 1 person from each side died. Those two casters were Twyla, a Light Caster and Larkin, a Dark Caster.
Different types of CastersEdit
- Main article: List of Caster types
- Genevieve Duchannes (unknown - Light → Dark)
- Emmaline Duchannes (Empath - Light)
- Althea Duchannes (Evo - Dark)
- Sarafine Duchannes (Cataclyst - Dark)
- Delphine Duchannes (Palimpsest - Light)
- Barclay Kent (Shifter - Light)
- Twyla Valentin (Necromancer- Light)
- Arelia Valentin (Diviner - Light)
- Macon Ravenwood (formerly an Incubus → now Light)
- John Eades (Evanescent - Light)
- Reece Duchannes (Sybil - Light)
- Ridley Duchannes (Siren - Dark)
- Larkin Kent (Illusionist - Dark)
- Lena Duchannes (Natural/Cataclyst → Light & Dark)
- Ryan Duchannes (Thaumaturge)
- John Breed (Incubus/Caster Hybrid - Dark → Light)
- Obidias Trueblood (unknown - Dark)
- John Breed's mother (Evo - unknown)
- Suffer doorman (Illusionist - Dark)
- Floyd (Illusionist - Dark)
- Necro (Necromancer - Dark)
- Lennox Gates (a Siren-Born - Dark)
- Declann (unknown)
- It seems like a Sybil like Reece can't see through an Illusionist's tricks seeing as she couldn't tell that Larkin was a Dark Caster like Ridley and also they can't read a Palimpsest's mind due to it being blurry.
- It's determined that a Caster's personality before they're claimed will determine when their powers come in seeing as Lena showed signs of being an Natural as a baby and Ridley as a preteen right before her 16th birthday developed her Siren powers to make guys do her homework for her.
- Its unknown what type of caster Genevieve was, but most think she was an Natural before she turned dark seeing as her descendants Sarafine and Lena were part of a prophecy to end the curse which Genevieve started herself. Where the first born natural Sarafine turned into a Cataclyst while Lena had free will with her choice of being Light or Dark. With the fallout of her choice resulting in certain death for the side she didn't claim herself for.
- Dark Casters seen with the Duchannes family such as Sarafine and Ridley are disowned from their family right after they're claimed for the dark as they can't enter Ravenwood Manor or any other Duchannes property. Although Ridley ran away before her birthday as she knew she would been disowned on the spot.
- The coming of age for a caster is their 16th birthday where they either become Light or Dark with green eyes for Light Casters as that means that they said no to the darkness of their "wicked counterparts" while Dark Casters who have the golden eyes were willing to become Dark and rejected the goodness of their "lighter counterparts."
- There is high tension with Casters depending on their side seeing as Dark Casters are ostracized from most if not all Light Casters.