Dark Caster is a term for Casters who turned Dark and use their powers for evil. When a Caster turns Dark, they become cold, cruel, and remorseless. They are also 'incapable' of love and are taken over by negative emotions. Cataclysts, Sirens, and Evos are examples of Dark Casters. A Dark Caster can fight and resist the growing darkness as in the case of Sarafine and Ridley when they acted like their old selves and loved someone, John Eades and Link respectively.
Dark Casters have golden cat-like eyes that glow all the time, but in the movie they have a more fiery glow to them. They also have a tattoo as seen with Ridley on her navel and John Breed on his arm. Their skin is also ice cold.
Casters claimed for the Dark, as stated by Sarafine, feel cold and powerful. They will become sociopathic, no longer having empathy and remorse, and are incapable of love. They can fight the sociopathy, but can't successfully grow out of it. Ridley says going Dark changes the way you feel about people. When a Dark Caster turns Dark, they sense the feelings they had, the things they loved, but those feelings are distant. They have glowing gold cat-like eyes and stay one shade. Their skin also becomes ice cold.
Known Dark CastersEdit
- Genevieve Duchannes (former Light) †
- Althea Duchannes (Evo) †
- Sarafine Duchannes (Cataclyst) †
- Ridley Duchannes (Siren, Illusionist and Shifter Hybrid after infusion)
- Larkin Kent (Illusionist) †
- Obidias Trueblood (Unknown) † - Behaves as a Light Caster.
- Macon Ravenwood (Movie only, Evo only in film)
- Lena Duchannes (Natural/Cataclyst, half Dark)
- John Breed (Caster/Incubus hybrid- former Dark)
- Mentioned Cypher
- Floyd (Illusionist)
- Necro (Necromancer)
- Lennox Gates (Siren-Born)
- Suffer doorman (Sybil)
- Suffer doorman (Illusionist)
- Ace (Unknown)
- Mentioned Shifter
- Mentioned Cataclyst
- Mentioned Sybil
- Mentioned Evo
- Floyd's father
- Angelique St. Vincent (Palimpsest, Cataclyst Hybrid after infusion)
- Dark Casters seen with the Duchannes family such as Sarafine and Ridley are disowned from their family right after they're claimed for the dark as they can't enter Ravenwood Manor or any other Duchannes family property. Although Ridley ran away before her birthday as she knew she would been disowned on the spot.