Evo is a term for a Caster that can control someone and influence them to do whatever they want, like a Siren, and morph into whoever they want. Evos are "Evolvers", who are extremely powerful Casters. They can also borrow the powers of any Caster they touch.
Althea Duchannes was an Evo. When she turned sixteen and was Claimed by the Dark, her mother couldn't stand to send her away, and tried to keep her daughter with her, but eventually she was forced to after a girl drowned, it became obvious that there was no turning back.
John Breed is able to walk into sunlight and retain his strength without feeding due to his mother being an Evo. She took on human form long enough to conceive a child with all the DNA of a Mortals and a Caster on one side and an Incubus on the other which is why he can do things full-blooded Incubi can't.
- Morphing: Evos are able to Evolve, morph and sound like anyone they want. They can't impersonate another's voice unless they actually heard it before. They are able to mirror human form and become Mortals for short periods of time.
- Mind Control: Much like a Siren, they are able to control the minds of whoever they want.
- Kelting: Evos, being incredibly powerful Casters, have the ability to speak non verbally to other Casters who have the gift.
- Power Borrowing: Evos are able to borrow the powers of any Caster they touch. Borrowed powers are unstable by nature and the more powerful the Caster they belonged to was, the longer they lasted.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the beginning of the film adaptation, Macon Ravenwood forced Ethan Wate to make himself look like an undesirable friend to Lena Duchannes. At the end, he also morphed into Ethan to sacrifice himself so he can break the Duchannes family curse, indicating that he is an Evo in this adaptation.