Natural is a term for a Caster who has magnified or superior powers compared to regular Casters. They are able to do many things, but in the grand scheme of it all, no one knows exactly what their powers fully are nor the extent of them. A Natural can control the elements and the weather, but Lena Duchannes also displayed the ability to manipulate time on some occasion and even made the moon disappear. The opposite of a Natural is a Cataclyst. Not much is said as to which of the two is stronger, but in the Caster world, a Natural is considered the strongest of all of the Casters; virtually omnipotent.
In The Book of Moons there's a passage:
"The greatest of the darknesse being the powere closest to the wold & the undyrworld, the cataclyst. The greatest of the light being the powere closest to the wold & the undyrworld, the natural. Where there is not onne there cannot be the othere, as withoute darknesse there can be no light."
- Lena Duchannes (half-Natural after claiming)
- Sarafine Duchannes (formerly)
- Mentioned Cataclyst (formerly)
- Elemental Manipulation: They are easily able to control the elements and the weather without hesitation. Naturals have "go-to" elements, that usually depends on the Caster.
- Time Control: They are able to control and freeze time, but it's very rare if they can.
- Reality Warping: They are able to manipulate a reality at ease. So easy, even Sarafine was able to warp reality with Macon Ravenwood.
- Kelting: They are able to communicate nonverbally with others who possess the same ability. Kelting is extremely rare. Most Casters aren't seen to do it, only very powerful casters.